All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Friday, August 11, 2006

Where do they come from?

I've been asked by a few people where do the ideas for your bags come from. And I would have to say that I am inspired when I see a certain color or feel a certain texture. I also 'see' a bag when I'm thinking of a certain person. I can't explain it more than that. Once I get a picture in my mind, I work out the math... size, # of stitches, type of yarn, and the over all design of stitches. Then I make a drawing in my journal and I just go from there. I've almost come to the end of my first knitting journal and I was a little upset about that because I love the size of this book. It's just right for tucking in my bag so that I have it if I'm 'inspired' while out. BUT, when I went to get another one at the Dollar store... NO MORE! I was sad and thought what to do now? I've got to be able to record these things, or I will surely forget. Then yesterday I stopped in a different Dollar Store and as soon as I saw this one, I had to have it... how appropriate! There's a purse on the cover :)LOL It must have been sent from above ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home