All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Jeana


I'd like to introduce the first backpack that I've designed. The bag is named Jeana, after my wonderful sister-in-law. She's a great preschool teacher who works with special needs children. I have to admire her for getting her education, having a family and raising her own children, and is now back in the classroom. I thought of her when I was knitting this bag because, being a teacher, I know all the stuff she must carry with her to school. This bag is big enough to hold a lot. It's 12" wide x 14"tall x 3" deep. It is a felted bag. I used double stands of Patons Classic Merino Wool. I also incorporated a 'furry' fun yarn. Eyelets were made around the top to make it easier for a cord to be pulled through. I did put store bought, cotton cords in the bag. I need to get the metal closures for the ends of the tie which closes the bag.

I have 5 more bags to design and this collection will be done. I'm half way finished with my next design which is one that started out to be for my preteen step-daughter, but the more I work on it the more I want one :)LOL. Be sure to check back soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home