All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Friday, August 11, 2006

Jackie...


I just can't wait to show you what I'm working on now. This is a bag for my step-daughter Jackie. She's always been a joy. She is always so happy. When I asked her what colors were her favorite she said "black and pink". A few days ago I was in Joann's and I saw this wonderful yarn by Patons. The name of it is Twister. As soon as I came around the corner of the row, I saw it and BAMB!!! that had to be some how made into Jackie's bag. I thought about felting, but decided not to because I couldn't find a matching pink wool. But I did find a perfect match in a worsted weight. When I sat down to start this bag, I just let my imagination run. I wanted something really young looking, but still something that would say "I'm growing up" (Jackie is a preteen) So, I thought about this design... based on a quilt design, making the center square out of the Twister. I also wanted to add some embelishments, so I played around with the flower until I came up with the ones on the bag. I also bought a few hot pink heart buttons that I also want to put somewhere on the bag. When The front was done, I thought "what about the back?". I decided that I wanted to use 2 strands so that there would be some body or strength to the bag. The front is knitted with size 11 needles (which are a little big for the worsted), so it's not too sturdy. But as I work the back I'm finding it to be strong. I think it will be just fine when I sew the sides up. You'll have to come back and see it when it's done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Love the black & pink together....can't wait to see it finished, and the way you knit, you'll probably have it blogged tomorrow!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Love it, very creative!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home