All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Brea

Last night we got word that my dear sister-in-law is extremely ill and was admitted to the hospital. I had just started working on a new bag, but found it too hard to concentrate, yet, knitting gives me something to do that is constructive when I'm under stress. I didn't want to create while I prayed for Lori. I wanted someone else to guide me through the creative process. So, digging through all my free patterns I found this one. I thought it would be challenging enough to keep me busy, and to be honest with you I thought it would take days to complete. But as you see, it's mid-afternoon here and the front is done. It wasn't near as complicated as I had thought and the directions were very well written. You can find this pattern here on the Berroco site. Be sure to check back to see the bag once it's completed. And please remember LORI in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger rockinmax said...

Lori will be in my prayers. Wishing her all the best.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Love this design - the Brea pattern reminds me of some of the patterns in the Knitting Nature book. Great work!
Cynthia

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home