All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Monday, July 10, 2006

Noro Kureyon Bag


This is an original bag of my own design. I wanted to try using the Noro Kureyon yarn. I love how the colors became muted. I also wanted to try felting a flower. The flower pattern is from a 'freebie' pattern that I picked up and the leaf pattern is from a book. All pieces of the bag are felted.  Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

You have such a gift for doing these bags. I love making bags but mine look like nothing compared to yours. I guess I have to keep doing and learning.

7:00 PM  
Blogger hula_baby said...

Claudia,
Thank you for the kind words. The reason I love creating these bags is because I love putting colors together in a creative way. I use to do a lot of cross stitching, which I LOVED so much. I felt like I was an artist without having to have the ability to paint. I can no longer do cross stitch since it involves a lot of detailed sight work. So, now I kinda feel as if I've been given another chance through making these bags.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Did you just use one strand of Noro Kureyon??? If so, is it flimsy?? I love the color of your bag!!!! The flower just adds to it!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Eli Kikyo said...

Wow it's really really beatiful!

10:28 PM  
Blogger rockinmax said...

Love your bag. Thanks for sharing.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home