All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finished At Last!


Today the bag is finished. Because it was so extremely long, I decided to cut some of the bag off. I like it now at the size that it is: 14" x 12" wide (kind of, since the bag has a round bottom, it isn't perfectly measured). Over all experience: one of learning. I enjoyed following the pattern and watching the bag come into being, but it did take longer than I am use to in its completion. It also took a lot more yarn than I thought it would. The pattern calls for 440 yards. The Patons Classic that I used comes in skeins of 220 yards. And I've used 3 full skeins and a good deal of the other. This is going to be a great tote bag. It's big enough for a small notebook, a paper back, and of course, all those other things that we carry. :) Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger chappy said...

i love you bag - the colors are great! awesome knitting! chappy

7:07 PM  
Blogger condith said...

OMG, how beautiful. Now, that's a color scheme I could live with. Well worth a 5 day bag-a-thon.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

It came out most excellant! I love your color choices (and the order you used them!) Thank you for including the amounts of yarn you used, that is extremely helpful!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

It's terrific looking, I too love the color choices. Now will you sew the portion you cut off into a wallet?

Shelly in Northern California

8:30 PM  
Blogger hula_baby said...

Thanks ladies for the nice comments. I had seen this bag done up by so many others and thought it might be too difficult for me, but the pattern was so well written, it was a nice challenge. Thanks shelly for the suggestion about the wallet. It's funny but I tried my hand at crocheting one and felting it and that one was a bit too thick, but I've been toying with some ideas over what to do with the extra that was cut off... maybe a pocket for the inside? Not sure though, but if I do decide to use the extra, I'll post another picture. Thanks again!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Suzetta said...

Very nice, love the way you combined the colors.

11:04 PM  
Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Beautiful! Love your color choices. I made one of these using easter egg dyed yarn but it came out quite wide. I modified the pattern to make 2 less tiers but kept the same number of stitches to start with. Looking at your bag has made me want to make another one!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Lovely bag...the color combination is great. I am working on my 2nd "E" bag, but I am much slower than you!

12:26 PM  
Blogger craftybernie said...

Love the entrelac bag! This is a knitting job well done. I must keep my eye out for something like this in the future - looks like something I should try at least once!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home