All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Friday, May 26, 2006

Remembering those who went before...



This weekend is memorial day. And it doesn't really matter if we agree with what's happening in our world, but what does matter is that we support our troops wherever they may be, serving however they are. I was once a Navy wife and I understand the emotions that play out in families throughout our country... Watching loved ones leave, listening to little children ask "When is Daddy coming home", having to make important decisions by myself, going thru what I call the 'Knight in Shining Armor' syndrome, taking second place to a higher calling, long periods of time never being able to talk to another adult, so as we go out to our back yards, our city parks, our nation's highways, let's not forget those men and women who wear the uniforms that went before them in so many other wars and conflicts. Let's pray for their safety. That soon they will be brought home to their families so they can enjoy the things they have fought so graciously for. May those who have lost their very lives stand tall and proud with those who have gone before them, doing the same thing they did... Following another man's path and did just what they were told to do. GOD bless them and their loved ones!

1 Comments:

Blogger lauriec said...

As proud Army wife (hubby is a 2x combat Veteran of OIF) I want to say THANK YOU for the sacrifices YOU made as a Navy wife. This lifestyle isn't for everyone, especially not the faint of heart!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home