All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Thursday, May 25, 2006


I'm going to call this my little alligator bag :)LOL I wanted to experiment with felting a cable bag. Again, this is my own creation. I love the color and the texture, but am a little disappointed that you can't see the cables clearly. (The yarn is from Patons) I guess the thing I've learned thru this experiment is that we can plan and plan and knit and unravel as many times as it takes to make something look just right, and then it's only when it comes out of the wash that we see what we've really done. Life is kinda like that. We can do "all the right things", follow all the rules to a tee, and make everything 'look' right, but it's only in the end that we will really know what we've done with the life that we've been given. :) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

NICE!!!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Dr. Rochelle said...

Nicely done. What were the dimensions before and after? And what Paton's yarn did you use? I think that the ambiguity of the cables really makes it all the more interesting, and very alligator like :)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home