All tied up in stitches

Walk with me as I journey my way through life using the crafts of knitting and crocheting as tools to help me make my way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellingham, Washington, United States

I'm like a butterfly emerging from it's cocoon, trying to find who I am in the midst of a total life change. At times its exciting. At times challenging. At times a little scary. But something I know I have to go through in order to fly.

 

Join the Mailing List
Enter your name and email address below:
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 
Free Mailing Lists from Bravenet.com

 

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Welcome to MY world.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm creating this blog as a place where I can journal and work through a lot of stuff in my life. I am finding that the use of my hands at this stage of my life, although painful at times, is so beneficial to my all round mental and physical health. You see, I've been forced to retire from being a Preschool Teacher for over 20 years now due to a move to a state where Preschool teachers are not required to have an education. (I have 2 degrees and 20 years experience) No one wants to hire me due to my life experiences. So, over the past year, I've been working on dealing with this. At times it's been very hard. I think I've worked through all the anger I feel because of the lack of respect and interest in this very important field of teaching the MOST important part of our future, our children. I've worked through realizing that I'm not as 'needed' in this community as I was in the place that I left a year ago. But God is good and I've returned to a love that I had as a child and that's what brings me to creating this life journal made up of stitches, dreams, and hope for not only something wonderful that I've made, but finding that even when things look a mess, there is beauty at the end of the creation. I hope you find my journey as interesting as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home